AnsweredAssumed Answered

Path to Desktop works on one computer, but not another

Question asked by Paper_Queen on Mar 16, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 by Paper_Queen

Title

Path to Desktop works on one computer, but not another

I'm a complete newbie at scripts, so please be gentle. heart

Someone else built a FM database for me, including a script that exports to a specific folder called "iOSExport" on my desktop. The export works on an old MacBook Pro (the computer in use at the time the database was built, running OS 1.6.8), but fails on the MacBook Air (replacement computer, running OS 10.7.5). After digging around in the forums, the script looks correct...which is baffling.

File being exported: ios_export (no file type tag at the end...is a spreadsheet that opens in Excel)

Target folder on the desktop: iOSExport (always there...it never goes away)

Currently, the line that appears to be key reads as follows:

Set Variable [$path; Value:Get ( DesktopPath ) & "ios_export" & "/iOSExport"]

Resulting error message: "iOSExport" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk.

What I've tried (using a copy of the FM original, to avoid messing something up):

•           - Reversing the order of file and folder
  •      
  •           - Moving the slash from before the folder name to the end of the folder name
  •      
  •           - Removing the spaces before and after DesktopPath
  •      
  •           - Confirming I have full privileges in FM (I do)
  •      
  •           - Confirming the target folder allows Read and Write privileges for all users (it does)

There's more than 100Gb open on the disk (typical exports are 50-75k in size), so that can't be the problem.

Color me stumped.

I'd love to have the person who built this figure it out, but the work was done pro bono a couple of years ago, and his boss has pretty much put the kabash on additional assistance. 

Help.....

(Thanks in advance for your wisdom and assistance!)

Outcomes