AnsweredAssumed Answered

patients database

Question asked by nickphillips on May 31, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2014 by nickphillips

Title

patients database

I am a surgeon and need to set up a database of patients and their operations and scans. I am pretty much a FMP novice. 

I would like an opening page of demographics (a bit like customers) and separate pages/layouts/tables for their surgeries and scans. I have that setup at the moment using tables and relationships and a unique id using key fields. I have a button on the demographics page which runs a script to create a new related record on the surgery page , and similar for the scan page. I would like that related record to be unique (ie just one record) for that patient and be linked back to that patients demographics by a button. What I have now is new multiple/duplicate records every time I click the script button from demographics , and when i click my go to layout button to get back to the patient demographics it goes (as expected) to the table not the record.

I haven't populated it yet so it can change.

I have a feeling this would have all been easier sticking to a single table but I am not sure how to do it .

Outcomes