4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 2:23 PM by philmodjunk

PatternCount for "Males" counts "Females"

NonProfitEducationUser

Title

PatternCount for "Males" counts "Females"

I have a tabbed layout set up for programming. One of the tabs is roster- which is a portal to the student's information. The other contains all the information for the group as a whole.

I want to be able to get a total count of males and a total count of females, without having to using a report (so that I can put this information on the group's main page) I am currently using PatternCount in a field to yeild a "1" or a "0" and then using a seperate summary feild to get those totals.

Works perfectly with females, but "Males" returns all the those marked as "Females" as well. Am I missing a notation to have it only return exact phrases? I even tried to change the input method to radio buttons to see if there was an error in the way "Male" or "Female" was input by the user, but that didn't help either.

Here is my calculation:

Case ( PatternCount ( Participants::PartGender ; "Males" ) ; 1 )

It also still returns the total count when I add in a / ; 0 / to the end of the equation.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple here, but just can't figure it out. Thanks for any suggestions!