1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 1:20 PM by philmodjunk

payroll date range

EdwardAlvarez

Title

payroll date range

Hi,

I have a little issue with selecting a date range. I currently have a portal tool on each employee record (their info etc) from the payroll file. Any hours log on the payroll table will show on the employee table through the portal tool. I want to be able to sort this information each pay period. our pay periods run on two weeks. so i would like to have something that says EVENT_DATE [IS MORE THAN OR EQUAL TO] 3/2/15 *for example* [BUT IS NOT MORE THAN] 3/15/15. I am using a simple date formula now but when i tried to do NO MORE THAN i am running into a problem.

THE FORMULA I HAVE NOW IS 

EVENT_DATE => 3/2/2015 (OR THE DATE WHERE THE PAY PERIOD STARTS)

THANK YOU

Ed Alvarez

• 1. Re: payroll date range
          philmodjunk

FileMaker does not evaluate 3/2/2015 as a date. It evaluates that value as 3 divided by 2 divided by 2015. Note that / is the division operator.

You could use:

YourTable::Event_Date > Date ( 3 ; 2 ; 2015 ) And YourTable::eventDate < Date ( 3 ; 15 ; 2015 )

but I suggest using a reference to global date fields in place of the date functions so that you can filter for different date rangs by changing the value of the global field instead of having to redefine the portal filter.