2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2011 2:40 AM by mazirrakhan

Payroll, Taxes and Filtering help needed.

petek157

Title

Payroll, Taxes and Filtering help needed.

Hello,

Ive racked my brains on this as long as I can handle with out throwing my computer out the window.

What I am trying to do is set up a payroll system.  What I have so far is an employee table with employee and pay info, and a labor table where I am entering daily time reports. And a payroll summary report listing all information about a given pay day record (pay date, employee, gross pay, taxes withheld from employee, taxes paid by employer etc.)

I have everything working to the point of having to start figuring payroll taxes.  If anyone is familiar with quickbooks, I am working on a Payroll Summary that I can filter using dates.  I have that all working, again to the point of figuring payroll taxes.

My main issue is how payroll taxes are figured.  For example, Unemployment insurance is say 10% of employees gross pay. BUT there is an annual $9000.00 gross pay limit.  Meaning that we are only liable to pay 10% on the first $9000.00 that the employee makes for the year and we dont pay anymore for the remainder of the current year for that employee. I think that I have a calc that will do this but I cant figure out a part of the calc.

Im trying to figure out how to sum up the employees gross pay for the current year automatically so every year I dont have to manually change to the new year.  I tried using a portal in the employee table listing the employees pay days filtering the portal manually with a = 2011 filter.  It works to only list the pay information from 2011 but when I put in a employee::sumfield outside the portal it sums all of the pay items (2010,2011,and a test date with 2012).

To sum up I want to:
      Enter an employes time. (works)
      Have all of the taxes figured keeping in mind that there are annual limits. (not working)
      Use a list report to "Find" payroll information based on different criteria Dates, Jobs, Employees etc. (Kinda working. Can probably figure out once I have the tax portion working).

I am obviously going to keep working on this hopeing to figure it out myself, but in the mean time if anyone has some guidance for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
      Peter

• 1. Re: Payroll, Taxes and Filtering help needed.
          philmodjunk

Why not keep the field inside the portal? You can use a one row portal with invisible borders so that it looks just like any other field on your layout. And you can refer to a field in the portal filter so that you can edit the field to select different years in order to see yearly totals for different years.

You can also set up summary reports using a layout based on the table you referred to in your portal with summary fields that calculate your totals. You can perform a find to limit all the records to a given year and/or a given employee and year. You can put fields from the employee table in a header (if you just want to see one employee's data at a time) or in a sub summary part ( if you want to see data for multiple employees). You can even remove the report body and leave the summary fields inside the sub summary part so that your report only lists the sub totals for each employee.

• 2. Re: Payroll, Taxes and Filtering help needed.
            mazirrakhan

Payroll Management System(PMS) is an integrated Software to keep track of the personnel pay systems. It has covered practically all the modules that a company looks for in a Payroll Accounting Software. PMS has been developed in POWERBUILDER as front end tools and the user can choose from a wide range of back end RDMS tools like Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Access etc. It's a true GUI based 32 bit user friendly Software which supports Draft Mode Printing. The amazing computing speed of the software reduces computing time to a great extend.

Payroll check calculator