3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 7:12 PM by FentonJones

PC - Mac Graphics Sharing Issues

Gesar

Title

PC - Mac Graphics Sharing Issues

Hi all,

I've created a FileMaker (v.9) DB on my MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard) with beautiful graphic buttons. We decided to host this DB on a PC (Vista: FM v.9) to share between 2 computers on our LAN. Everything works great, except...

The beautiful graphic buttons appear as black scribbles on the PC! They still appear fine on my Mac. I created them by copying GIF, JPG, and PNG files and pasting them into filemaker as graphic buttons.

Can you help? What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Bill

• 1. Re: PC - Mac Graphics Sharing Issues
          ninja

Howdy Gesar,

Welcome to the forum.

You haven't done anything wrong except to not expect it.  It's the nature of the beast(s).

Try moving the images themselves to a PC and putting them into your database from the PC platform.  This works 99+% of the time for me.

I build on PC, but most of our Dbases were originally developed on Mac.  When I come across a weird graphic, I:

- copy it to the Mac clipboard

- paste it into Powerpoint

- move the PPoint file onto a PC

- copy it from PPoint to the PC clipboard

- put it back onto the layout from the PC (and reconnect the function).

- then it typically is correctly rendered on both PC and Mac.

See if that doesn't work for you as well.

• 2. Re: PC - Mac Graphics Sharing Issues
            Gesar

Thanks, Ninja!

That makes a funny kind of sense in the strange world of PC-Mac compatilibility issues. I'll give it a try.

G.

• 3. Re: PC - Mac Graphics Sharing Issues
              FentonJones
                 You could also try using Insert Picture instead of copy/pasting; using the clipboard to move graphics between applications is not the best way.