2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 9:42 AM by philmodjunk

PC FM Preferences, where is the drop downmenu

dumiya

Title

PC FM Preferences, where is the drop downmenu

Hi

I have been building a Data base on an iMac (Imac/Intel/OS10.6.2/FM11) for the office PC

On a Mac the 'FIlemaker' drop down menu allows you to change to the User name.

I want to change the user name from the admin default on the PC copy.

The only place I can find anything like this on the PC is in File Options but that gives a User but also requires a Password to be included to so it can open automatically.

I am looking for the Filemaker Preferences on a PC.  They must be there as they are referred to in the Help menu

ever so embarrassed

dumiya

• 1. Re: PC FM Preferences, where is the drop downmenu
          Mystick

Don't know if that is what you are searching for, but in menu Edit, Preferences, General tab, there is a place to put your default user name, that is not related to the current open file but to your filemaker setup for this machine.

• 2. Re: PC FM Preferences, where is the drop downmenu
            philmodjunk

In File options, you are not specifying a user name. Instead you are specifying a default account name. Account names are specified in Manage | Security (FMP 11) or Manage | Accounts & Privileges (older versions). User names are entered in preferences and are specific to a given OS user account on the computer that launched filemaker.

Filemaker confuses the issue by automatically entering the user name as the default account name--an option I'd prefer to be able to turn on/off for a given file as this default is not always appropriate in every situation.