4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2014 4:53 AM by firebase

PC Konfigurator

firebase

Title

PC Konfigurator

I habe one table that contains for example PC parts.

Itemname         Pt. Number   Price       Type

Case1              00001           12,34        Case

Cass2              00002           23,45        Case

Mainboard1     00003          111,23        Mainboard

Mainboard1     00004          123,23       Mainboard

HD1                 00005           90,23       HD

HD2                 00006           95,23       HD

And so on

Now i want to have dropdown fields to choose the Itemname for each Type group to have it displaying the other two fields, price and Partnumber to have a total price at the end of all parts.

I am sitting since hours and not getting really on thetrack on how to solve this.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: PC Konfigurator
          philmodjunk

Now i want to have dropdown fields to choose the Itemname for each Type group to have it displaying the other two fields, price and Partnumber to have a total price at the end of all parts.

And what exactly are you trying to document when you do that? The sale of those items on an invoice or order form?

Or might you be listing items to be assembled into a whole?

Or ???

In any case, it would seem that you need one or several related tables in order to do what you describe, not just a single table.

• 2. Re: PC Konfigurator
            firebase

Yes, i need to assemble prices in general.

Letts say

Dropdown 1 for Cases

Dropdown 2 for Mainboards

Dropdown 3 for HDs

Plus the coresponding prices and Productnumbers to use them as a basis for calculations and further alligments to other informations.

But in general its only about price calculations.

The problem is that these items now in one list only dived by the "type" attribute. What i thought was to select the groups by sql select  to put them into the dropdown, but i just cant figure out how to allign toe corresponding other 3 fields next to them.

It should look this this then:

New PC 

Case1              00001           12,34          

Mainboard1     00003          111,23            

HD1                 00005           90,23    

Price  xxx,xx

I have some extra field but not wrth to mention them here.

• 3. Re: PC Konfigurator
              philmodjunk

As I said in my original post, this looks like something that needs more than a single table to do.

The first table in the following example might be named "computers", "Invoices" or something else, but the relationships remain the same.

Start with these relationships:

Computers-----<Computer_Component>-----Components

Computers::__pkComputerID = Computer_Component::_fkComputerID
                   Components::__pkComponentID = Computer_Component::_fkComponentID

You can place a portal to Computer_Component on the Computers layout to list and select  Components records for each given Computers record. Fields from Components can be included in the Portal to show additional info about each selected Components record and the _fkComponentID field can be set up with a value list for selecting Components records by their ID field.

A price field can be defined in Computer_Component that looks up the component price from Components. A calculation field defined in Computers can compute a total cost for all the specified components with this expression:

Sum ( Computer_Component::Price )

• 4. Re: PC Konfigurator
                firebase

Thanx! I will try this today! :)