3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2013 12:57 PM by schamblee

PDF "Report" only sending 1 Record on iPad, but All on Mac

MorkAfur

Title

PDF "Report" only sending 1 Record on iPad, but All on Mac

I have a layout with about 30 records on it that I want to email as a PDF report. It works as expected with run on the Mac, but not from the iPad.

In my script, I ...

Save Records as PDF(Restore, No dialog; myReport; Records being browsed]

Then I do a send Mail using an SMTP server.

When I run this script on the Mac, I get the expected results: All records from that layout in the emailed PDF.

Yet, when I run the same report on the iPad, I only get the record that's highlighted (I have all the fields as Read Only, but there's still a highlight for the current record).

Is this "one record only" a problem with the iPad and its ability to save files (or something like that) or do I need to approach this problem a different way for the iPad?

Confused.

Thanks in advance.

m

• 1. Re: PDF "Report" only sending 1 Record on iPad, but All on Mac
          schamblee

I don't know of a problem with the iPad ability to save files.  

You can not append PDF files on filemaker go.  Your script doesn't appear to be appending a pdf, but I stated because this is a difference between Filemaker and GO.

The iPad has limited fonts, compared to your mac.  The iPad ios will try to replace with a similar font, if the font is not installed on the iPad. You would have a problem if the the iPad can not find a similar font.

• 2. Re: PDF "Report" only sending 1 Record on iPad, but All on Mac
            MorkAfur

Thanks for your reply.

As I read your reply, however, it reads to me that you're saying you don't see any issues with my script.

My issues are not related to fonts, but, rather, to an extreme ("show stopper") difference in how the same script is executed on the iPad (only one record in layout created in emailed PDF) vs all records in layout being emailed in emailed PDF (on Mac).

Thanks again.

- m

• 3. Re: PDF "Report" only sending 1 Record on iPad, but All on Mac
              schamblee

I was stating some options it could be.  I read your post and what you state is not normal for Filemaker go on an iPad, so you will have to troubleshoot different items until you find the cause.  No I do not see anything wrong with the part of the script you posted, but you would have to post a complete script, to completely rule out the script.   Starter apps usually have a computer layout and a ipad layout so your issue could be with the iPad layout.