AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDF Background Prints Well from Mac, Bad from PC

Question asked by RayMentor on Mar 11, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 by RayMentor

Title

PDF Background Prints Well from Mac, Bad from PC

Doing a simple layout for a client to print merge letters in FMP 10. Mixed Mac and PC network. I'm trying to print a layout with fields placed onto a background comprised of a PDF document.

I was given a PC Word doc with their logo and address across the top and board of directors list down the left side. The goal is to use this as a background on a FMP 10 layout and simply place the merge codes into the "letter" to create quickie merged letters.

I transferred it to a Mac, opened it in Mac Word and printed in OSX 10.5.6 to a PDF file. Test print from Preview to their color laser looks great. I then placed the PDF file onto a layout in FMP 10 database and printed from the Mac. Also this looks great. Switch to a PC, using the same layout, and printed to the same printer and output looks all jagged and blurred.

I then tried placing the source PDF file onto the FMP 10 layout from a PC. The FMP insert process asked me to create a file from the source and then it finished by placing the PDF as a background onto the FMP layout. However, printing the layout from FMP 10 yields the same jagged result.

I suspect this is a simple matter of getting the right file format. Any suggestions would be welcome. 

Issue is getting the PDF background to print with fine resolution from the PC's. 

Outcomes