AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDF creating robot script

Question asked by MilutinPetrovic on Jan 23, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 by MilutinPetrovic

Title

PDF creating robot script

Hello falks!

Being that I am an absolute beginer, last few days I have resolved some serious issues, but this one is to much for me!

Lets say I have a table of products called "Catalog" and it has 2 layouts, one for input of the data, and other for the printing. Being that we have only one copy of filemaker, and that we all use IWP on the local network, I need help creating the robot script that will automaticaly read a certain field (Lets say filed will be called "Print", and we will be selecting "Yes" from the value list), and after that (if the "Yes" is selected), the script will select the specified record, and run another script, which I allready created and which will, in turn, save PDF in a temp location, and than inserting it in a Container field.

Another good idea would be for the "Print" button in the print layout to copy the ID of the record in the separate table called Print Jobs, and for the script to only read that table, and once it is done, to delete record, in order not to overpopulate it!

Please please please help! And being that I am a real newbie in the world of FileMaker, it would be nice If someone could give me steps of the script!

Again I say, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Being thet this is the only wrinkle I have left on my first database, and it is a big one, I must say...

Thank You! 

Outcomes