2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2014 8:14 AM by karen_joy

PDF Report

karen_joy

Title

PDF Report

Hello Everyone,

Here I am again, my second post:

Here is the scenario

I have drop down field Report with the following Values (Bottles, Cans and Plastics), If the value of my Report = Bottles or Cans or plastics and my records.

Kindly help me building my scripts because its not working of what I need and expecting

I want that in my script that if the user click the PDF button it will show the report layout on top of my original layout. and if the user decides not to continue making the PDF it will close the report layout.

Please find my attached file for your reference.

Thank you so much.

Karenjoy

• 1. Re: PDF Report
          FentonJones

It seems to me that what you've missing is what you said. You need an New Window script step (you could use the Report field's value as its name). You'd want to do that at least before you Enter Preview Mode. Then, at the end of each group of steps, you need a Close Window [Current Window].*

*Instead of just one at the end, as nothing else happens if you've got no value in the Repost field sometimes; at least right now.

• 2. Re: PDF Report
            karen_joy

Hi Fenton,

Thanks for the reply...I got it working now. but when I cancel it when my first custom dialogue appears using the keyboard cancel button still it makes the pdf but when I used the cancel button on the custom dialogue the floating window is still there not closing. please extend your patience and please guide the newbie here...

Thank you.