AnsweredAssumed Answered

pdf's and images in a database

Question asked by fluffyone on Jul 26, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 by fluffyone

Title

pdf's and images in a database

Hi Group

I want to start a database that will have images or pdf's attached to records, but I don't want to have a long term problem where i fill up the database and make it really slow. What is the best way to go about this?
is there a way of keeping attached files to a minimum size, are they linked or embedded?
can I point to a directory that will show any file name that is the same number as the record number so that it only shows related files?

The intention is to have a reference picture or sketch attached to a record, I would like it so that on the form it is set to a reasonable size for viewing but when clicked or mouse over it will be shown bigger, possibly with zoom and scroll features.

Also when in a table view that shows many records I would like a field indicating that there is a picture attached to the record line and then when the mouse it over or it is click a window will op up showing the picture. Is this possible?

I am just starting to play with this, but I intend on using information attached to records a lot in the future.

Regards
Fluffy

Outcomes