4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 9:13 AM by AdamRauscher

PDFs inserted into container fields orientated wrong

AdamRauscher

Title

PDFs inserted into container fields orientated wrong

In using Filemaker Pro 11, I've created a container field to hold and display PDFs (storyboards specifically). The field is 16:9 width to height ratio. I use the insert picture function.

The first file, a 6 page storyboard with pages measuring 11 X 8.5 inches, displays perfectly. It shows the first page of the storyboard.

The second file is a single page, 16 X 8.5 inches. When I insert that it is rotated 90 counterclockwise and scrunched.

I tried changing the field settings, stretching, shrinking, cropping. I tried chaning the picture alignment.

There are two interesting hiccups: The first is that I saved a new version of the picture, rotating it 90 degrees clockwise. When I inserted it then, it still displayed as 90 counter-clockwise of the original version-- that is rotated 180 degrees of the new version.

The second hiccup is that even when I set the field to crop, it chooses to scrunch the image. It crops is to some extent, but the aspect ratio is totally off. Please see the attached image which shows the field when set to crop to fit.

While it would be nice to have a solution in FMP, so that I don't have to alter the artists' workflow, it is wholly posisble to ask them to change how they do things. The one condition I cannot change is that these must be saved as PDF files.

Any suggestions?

rotated_container_field.png