2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 8:12 AM by SlicChic

Peer-to-Peer on the same machine?

SlicChic

Title

Peer-to-Peer on the same machine?

Is it possible to have a peer-to-peer networking on the same machine?  We have a computer that is used by all our staff (3 people), who sparingly need to access the database, and then myself that needs to access it all the time remotely.  Could I set up a user account on the main computer, and have it be the host for filemaker, leaving FM open in it all the time, and then have everyone accessing the database from it?  

• 1. Re: Peer-to-Peer on the same machine?
          philmcgeehan

Can I use multiple instances of FileMaker software on a single computer running multiple operating systems (e.g., using virtualization or other technologies)?

No, you may only install and use a single copy of FileMaker software per license on the computer, and you may not use multiple instances of FileMaker software on the same computer at the same time. You will need to pay for additional licenses if you want to run multiple instances of FileMaker software on a computer at the same time.

• 2. Re: Peer-to-Peer on the same machine?
            SlicChic

Ok.  I understand purchasing the multiple licenses, and we would have enough licenses to handle it.  I predict we would need 3 licenses: 1 to host on it's on user account, 1 for my remote access, and the other 1 for the staff that uses the database sparingly.  My question is more of logistics...will I run into errors, problems, or crashes, if the the host is simply on a different account of the same computer?