AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perform Find on a Portal

Question asked by jimvision on Sep 25, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Perform Find on a Portal

Hi Everyone

I'm still learning FileMaker Pro and need some help doing a "Perform Find" on a portal.

Product:  FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v4

Tables:  The Contacts table relates to a Participants table which relates to the Events table.  People who join Events are listed in the Participants table.  There's also the EventsAll table which shows all Events.

Overview:  I'm creating a layout (Mailing Selections) that shows all the Events (EventsAll) within a portal (EventsPortal).  Basically, the EventsAll table has an EventDate and the Event (short Event description) and SelectEvent fields.  These fields are shown in the portal (please see image below).

The SelectEvent field is shown as a checkbox with values of 1 and 0 and only the 1 value is shown and a tiny script which allows to toggle the selection on and off.

Desired Affect:  Once the user selects one or more check boxes and presses the Go button, I would like all related records on the Participants table to be returned on a new layout (Mailing Results) in a list view.

Issue:  I have successfully done this type of logic with Checkbox field with a "US States" value list and look up related contacts with the States chosen (States script shown in image below).

Unfortunately I'm having difficulty understanding how to do the same thing using a portal.  My script returns all rows from the Contacts table.  I only wish to have those chosen from the portal's records, marked with an X in the SelectEvent field.

Hope this all makes sense. :-)

FMQuestion.jpg

Outcomes