AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perform search in one layout with value from another layout

Question asked by BrianKuhnert on Dec 22, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 by BrianKuhnert

Title

Perform search in one layout with value from another layout

I'm sure that I'm probably making a very slight error in my script, but would greatly appreciate any help!

I'm currently running Filemaker 11 on a Windows 7 machine.

Is there any way to adjust your script above so that the contents of a field in one layout is the search value for a related field in another layout?  I'm doing a student info database that allows me to keep track of the music they perform from one semester to another.  Information on the student info page appears via a portal that pulls data from records found in a second table.  I have a report that groups their repertoire by type, pulling from all semesters.  The report sets up with no problems, but I can't seem to get a script that takes me from that students record to their information on the report.  I can go into the report and then search with no difficulties, but I need it to operate much easier if I set it up for my wife to use in her studio.  If I can set up a dynamic search using the value of Student_Records::Student_ID so that it will search in the record on Repertoire::Student_ID all will be well!

I've tried setting the code as seen in my screenshot below.  Then finished with a custom dialog box in case there are no returned entries (which is working perfectly fine)

Thanks!

Untitled-1.jpg

Outcomes