4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 7:05 PM by BrianKuhnert

Perform search in one layout with value from another layout

BrianKuhnert

Title

Perform search in one layout with value from another layout

I'm sure that I'm probably making a very slight error in my script, but would greatly appreciate any help!

I'm currently running Filemaker 11 on a Windows 7 machine.

Is there any way to adjust your script above so that the contents of a field in one layout is the search value for a related field in another layout?  I'm doing a student info database that allows me to keep track of the music they perform from one semester to another.  Information on the student info page appears via a portal that pulls data from records found in a second table.  I have a report that groups their repertoire by type, pulling from all semesters.  The report sets up with no problems, but I can't seem to get a script that takes me from that students record to their information on the report.  I can go into the report and then search with no difficulties, but I need it to operate much easier if I set it up for my wife to use in her studio.  If I can set up a dynamic search using the value of Student_Records::Student_ID so that it will search in the record on Repertoire::Student_ID all will be well!

I've tried setting the code as seen in my screenshot below.  Then finished with a custom dialog box in case there are no returned entries (which is working perfectly fine)

Thanks!

Untitled-1.jpg