AnsweredAssumed Answered

Performing Calculations on Summary Fields?

Question asked by kathleen_r on Aug 11, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Performing Calculations on Summary Fields?

I'm a beginner, starting from scratch, converting unweildy spreadsheets to FMPro.

I need to compare weekly sales with the same week, one year ago (and preferably 2 or 3 years, but I can extrapolate)

I have fields for week of year in my Daily Sales table, and can get weekly sales reports by location, but am having trouble figuring out how to get my comps.

Any help would be appreciated.

I only have three tables right now: Locations, Sales, and Historical sales. 

Honestly, it's all fluid and in the thought process, so if you have any great ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them.

OR....

Another possible workaround that I can't seem to get right....I've added fields for Prior year date calculations, How do I perform a calculation that will populate the prior year's corresponding sales date with the calc sales for that store?

(PY1 Date is a date calculation field, PY1 Sales is a lookup or some other field I need to pull from a different table, with the Store ID and the Date being the match relationships)

I apologize for being such a noob, but it just makes sense to me that if PY1 Date = Historical Sales::Date and StoreID = Store ID, then give me the results in the field I want. I can't seem to get it to work properly.

TIA

Outcomes