AnsweredAssumed Answered

Performing Complex Finds

Question asked by KerryMiller on Aug 6, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 by KerryMiller

Title

Performing Complex Finds

I am trying to implement a couple of streamlined find features to our current Filemaker system. I am a graphic Designer/ CAD artist, but have only limited knowledge of scripting/programming.

Find #1:

A button that asks for the value from a set list, then finds only those Records that have that value.

I can set it to find a specific value, but I have not been able to have it ask what value you want to find.

It would also be nice if you could have it select a range from a Custom Value List

Find #2

We use Filemaker to track products development status. One of the properties we track is a products release and discontinue "season". For example a product might be released in the Fall 2014, and drop from our catalog in the Spring 2016.

I would like to be able to perform a Find that results in all products currently available for a given season.

The find would work something like this:

User selects a "Season"

Results would be: Show All Records with a "Release Season" less than and equal to the selected "Season", AND have a "Discontinue Season" greater than or equal to the Selected "Season"

It should be noted that both "Release Season" and "Discontinue Season" use the same Value List.

I understand that this may not be possible with a Text Value List, and that is OK. We are open to modifying our data to allow this functionality if needed.

Outcomes