AnsweredAssumed Answered

Personal and family records

Question asked by DonaldBennett on Aug 30, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Personal and family records

I'm in charge of a youth program. I have a database set up for persons and related families called people. No problems there (anymore). I've set up a separate database to track events we have. Some are fundraisers and some we pay to attend. This database is set up to track how much each youth earns at fundraisers and how much they spend at other activities. I can always tell the parents how much is available to spend. The database references the person table in the people database. It's working perfectly.

The parents have asked that I track money earned and spent on a family basis instead of a personal basis. For the life of me, I can'y figure out how best to implement this. I don't want to start adding fields to the external people database as I use it for various purposes and I'd like to keep it as clean as possible. Compounding the problem is the fact that some youth are in multiple families.

I'm open to any ideas you might have on which direction to take and/or methods to use. Attached is my current relationship graph.

Thanks,

Don

relationships.jpg

Outcomes