3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 8:54 AM by TSDuck

PHP Site Assistant Requirements

gregcaine

Title

PHP Site Assistant Requirements

Will PHP Site Assistant run on Advanced Filemaker 11 Pro (we do not have server)? If not, what format do I use in the internet address to remove the top layer with Instant Web Publishing?

• 1. Re: PHP Site Assistant Requirements
          TSDuck

Hi Greg Caine:

Thanks for posting.

The PHP Site Assistant is only part of FileMaker Server 11 and FileMaker Server 11 Advanced.  FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced can host databases using Instant web publishing.

I’m not sure what you mean by removing the top layer in Instant web publishing.  Are you trying to use a custom home page for the Instant web publishing home screen?  The process for setting a custom home page is detailed in the FileMaker 11 instant web publishing guide located at http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/fmp/fm11_instant_web_publish_en.pdf.  On page 14 of the guide is a section titled “Using a custom home page” which goes over setting a home page. 

Let me know if there is something else you mean by removing the top layer in Instant web publishing.

TSDuck

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: PHP Site Assistant Requirements
            gregcaine

I am trying to remove the FileMaker menu buttons across the top layer embedded in the instant web publishing. Can this be done? ie, can you NOT load the LOADFRAMES from the web address?

• 3. Re: PHP Site Assistant Requirements
              TSDuck

Greg Caine:

Hiding the status area in Instant web publishing cannot be done by modifying the HTML.  The status area for navigation can be hidden or locked by using a script.  The script step for hiding or locking the status area is the following.

Show Hide Status Area [Lock ; Hide ]

You can add this script step into a script that runs on opening the file, or executed from a button on your layout.  If you decide to hide and lock the status area, you’ll need to provide buttons on your layout for navigation and control.

TSDuck

FileMaker, Inc.