AnsweredAssumed Answered

Picking products from a list and Marking the picked ones

Question asked by GuyStevens on Sep 11, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 by GuyStevens

Title

Picking products from a list and Marking the picked ones

I have a Coditional formatting problem I can't seem to be able to wrap my head around.

I have an invoice layout where I can add products. But because you can't really sort in a value list I made a list view that opens up in a new window where the products are sorted properly. I put a button in front of every product that adds the product to the line items table.

So you can go trough the list and add items untill you are done. The list appears in a window so you can still see your invoice and see the items get added there.

There are only 13 portal rows so after 13 items you can't see them anymore without scrolling the portal in the invoice and thus losing the products list window.

I came up with the idea to use conditional formatting to give the items that where already picked a background color. That way you can immediatly see in the products list what products you have already put on your invoice.

But It's not really working.

The Products in the ProductsList can only get a background color if they are

- present in the OrderDetails Table

- For the current InvoiceId

I've tried to set the current InvoiceId as a global field in the ProductsTable but tthat didn't seem to work.

I also tried making a List of all the InvoiceId's in the Products Table But I'm getting very erratic behavior from the conditional formatting.

Anybody have a fresh look on this problem?

Outcomes