Would I be correct that you are using FileMaker 12 and that you specified external storage for your container field?
That's the only way I know that you can get the <tampered> message--a security feature intended to let you know when someone accessed/modified the externally stored files.
If you did not use external storage and stored the files with the "store by reference" option, you would not encounter this issue.
Do you have a back up of the folder with the image files so that you can restore it and thus get rid of the <tampered> message? If so, there's a work around we can use (keep the resized copies, as we can still use them).
IF not, try using Export Field Contents to export one of the images even though it says <tampered>. Can you export a copy of the image file? (If so, we are still in business for the fix.)
The fix would be to use a looping script with export field contents to export copies of all your image files to a folder. Each time a file is exported, the script re-inserts the file into a container field with store a reference enabled. Then you can swap out the original copies for the resized copies. Finally, you can then run a second script that copies the files from the "store a reference" container to the external storage container field to move the modified copies back into the external storage folder.
Ps. all is not lost if you don't have the original file set on backup and can't export now that you get "tampered" showing in the field.
I dont want to pop up old post for nothing but this morning I had the same problem as above and I was very disappointed not to find an easy solution however I managed to solve it with a very simple twist:
Change in Container field storage tab setting from "open storage" to "secure storage" that reinitialized and refreshed every picture of the container and then I switched it back from "secure storage" to "open storage" and kept working business as usual.
I hope this can help someone else in the future :)
and by the way you cannot export image content when its tagged "tampered"
Thanks for youre solutions!
This also worked for me.