4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 11:54 AM by AlessandroConti

pie chart

AlessandroConti

Title

pie chart

Hi, I'm working with filemaker pro 11.

I've got a chart with Items, each having a category code number (i.e. 1=home products, 2=car products, 3=food etc.). I'd like to make a pie chart showing how many items of the same category I have.

I guess it's an easy task for a Pro, but I'm going mad...

thank you!

• 1. Re: pie chart
          philmodjunk

How is your table set up? Do you have one record for each item? So if I have 3 Home products, 4 car products and 7 food products, I have 14 records?

If so, you can define a "count of" summary field to count your records (set it to "count" any field that is never empty). Specify this field for your y Series, specify the category field for your x series and sort your records by the category field.

Then make sure that your data source settings are for "Found set, summarized data".

• 2. Re: pie chart
            AlessandroConti

How is your table set up? Do you have one record for each item? So if I have 3 Home products, 4 car products and 7 food products, I have 14 records? Yes!

If so, you can define a "count of" summary field to count your records done

Specify this field for your y Series not asking, maybe something wrong? see picsorry for the language :(

• 3. Re: pie chart
              philmodjunk

Comparing your dialog box to an English Language version and "counting down", This is the setting that I recommended for counting your records provided that "Numero verso" is a field that always has data in it in every record used with your chart.

• 4. Re: pie chart
                AlessandroConti

That's it, you're right. I didn't quite get what I wanted, but I'm starting to understand where do I have to search. Thank you!