1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 6:44 AM by philmodjunk

Pie chart issues

AliSheikh

Title

Pie chart issues

I'm trying to create a simple pie chart off of a start up template from fm pro 12 called inventory.

The problem I'm running into is trying to figure out how to chart values from two fields in the lines table called 'stock transaction'. I have two fields in the lines table called " activity" and "units out". Activity is just storing text values of employee names in my office who take out stock items for use. The 'units out' is logging the amount they're taking out.

Now whenever I try to base a pie chart off of the above mentioned fields, it doesn't combine the activity labels , so for example if Andrew took out an item today and tomorrow, the chart will create two slices of Andrew with a qty of 1 on each slice, instead of having one slice of Andrew with a value of 2. The layout is based off the lines table as well.

Can someone help me out with this, thanks.

• 1. Re: Pie chart issues
          philmodjunk

Sort your records by the Activity field. (Single field sort only can be used here.) Use a summary field that totals the Units Out field for the Y-Series or Wedge data. Make sure to use the "Summarized data" data source option for the chart and make sure that all records that you want to contribute data to the chart are part of the current found set.