AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pie Chart Setup Problem

Question asked by scottlynch on Apr 25, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 by scottlynch

Title

Pie Chart Setup Problem

I'm having issues creating a simple pie chart in FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.

I have an employee tracker solution and I'm trying to design a quick glance dashboard with a simple pie chart that shows the count of each type of leave taken. For example sick days 3, unpaid 2, holiday 7 etc.

All calculations work and show correct totals, but for the life of me I cant seem to get a simple pie chart working. I've read the help guides, searched the web and still no joy.

I have a field called Type that has a value list attached via a dropdown list that includes the various types of leave,  i.e. Holiday, Paternity, Maternity, sick, unpaid etc.

I have created calc fields for each leave type, "cHolidayFlag" with the calculation of FilterValues ( Type ; "Holiday" )

I have then created summary fields which count each type i.e. sHolidayCount.

On the dashboard I would like to create a simple pie chart that shows these counts by leave type and this is where my stumbling block is.

In the chart setup box under "category labels" I've specified the  field name of "Type" and in the Slice Data field I ve have specified the field name sHolidayCount,  hoping it may just show holiday days taken?  In the Data Source section I've selected  "Current found set". 

I feel i maybe missing a calculation field that includes all the different leave summary count types? If someone could point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful.

Regards

Outcomes