2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2012 8:49 AM by philmodjunk

PLEASE HELP Invoicing and Client Info Maps

draychrys

Title

PLEASE HELP Invoicing and Client Info Maps

Hi All,

I am new to FileMaker pro 12, I used file maker 11 in the past but have forgotten a lot about using FileMaker.

I am in the process of building a database with information about clients, projects, invoices and a report of what has been going on.

So far I have created a client information page but I am struggling to add a map of my clients address so far I have been able to create a web portal but it brings up the whole web search of the clients address, I would ideally like it to look minimal and just show the map like on the FileMaker website http://www.filemaker.co.uk/products/filemaker-pro/ under the contacts section. How can I do that?

Regarding Invoices how do I create a page similar to the one in the invoices section of the website? (http://www.filemaker.co.uk/products/filemaker-pro/)And a button that will then take the email info from the email field of the client and email them a copy of the invoice created for them?

I will really appreciate help with any of my questions, or any helpful tutorial links.

Kind Regards

Dray

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP Invoicing and Client Info Maps
          schamblee

You can look at the Contacts starter solution, for an example how to use the map.  The starter solution use a custom function which you can view from with in the solution by clicking : File, Manage, Custom Functions.  It's best to use the map in the same way as the starter solution with the custom function. (Less problems) 

There is also an invoice starter solution with email button at top of invoice. 

To get started with a starter solution just click: File, New From Starter Solution,

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP Invoicing and Client Info Maps
            philmodjunk

Here's a URL expression that I use. I adapted it from a post made here in the forum by Raybaudi:

"data:text/html,
            <style type='text/css'>
            html,body {
            overflow:hidden;
            }
            </style>
            <html>
                <head>
                    <title>NavText</title>
                </head>
                <body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' TopMargin='0' style='border:0'>
                    <iframe width='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "MapViewer" ; "width" ) - 40 &
                        "' height='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "MapViewer" ; "height" ) - 30 &
                        "' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'
                        src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & CustInfo::Street & "," & CustInfo::City & "," & CustInfo::State & "," & CustInfo::Zipplus4  & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0&z=14'>
                    </iframe>
                </body>
            </html>"

"MapViewer" is the object name of my layout's web viewer.

Shown in blue are the references to specific fields in my layout's table that contain the address info being mapped.

Some of the other tags in here set the zoom (z = 14) and embed the map so that the extra junk on the web page is excluded.