A few more hints:
- If you post a message and no one responds immediately, instead of posting it again, simply post a response back to to your own message and this will "bump" it back to the top of the recent items list for everyone but you. A duplicate post sometimes causes confusion when different folks respond to different copies of the same request.
- Keep in mind that even if you follow all of the above steps, people responding to your message will often have only a limited understanding of how you've designed your system and what you want to do with it. They thus may suggest a solution that doesn't really work for you. Be prepared to respond back with more questions and information as you and the people responding to your question work out the best solution with you.
- You also may get more than one person suggesting different approaches to solving your problem. Sometimes this even results in a debate between people over which solution is best. If this happens, just read carefully, select what makes the most sense to you and give it a try.
Sorry - left out we are running on Windows XP SP3 and running FileMaker in single-user mode.
IF your problem involves a network - either local network [LAN] (typically within one building), a wide area network [WAN] (multiple locations) or the Internet - further information would be useful.
Network implies a server [local, wan, or hosted]
- [FMP client version serving database on your computers to FMP clients]
- [FMP client version serving database on your computers to IWP browser access]
- [FMP client version serving database on your computers to CWP browser access]
- [FMP server version serving database on your computers to FMP clients]
- [FMP server version serving database on your computers to IWP browser access]
- [FMP server version serving database on your computers to CWP browser access]
- [FMP server version serving database on hosted computers to FMP clients]
- [FMP server version servingd atabase on hosted computers to IWP browser access]
- [FMP server version servingd atabase on hosted computers to CWP browser access]
There could be a combination of any two or all three options (relatively very rare).
The IP addresses of the server and all the client computers could help in diagnosis.
If you have been directed to open and read this thread, it's because we'd like to see a lot more detail about your problem and your experience level. We need to see that added info in the original thread where you asked for help. Please post your responses ithere so we can see the context of your original post.
Responses with the extra info posted here will not be "in context" with your original question and they do not "bump" this thread back up into recent items where someone is likely to see your response.
I as new as you can get to FM as I downloaded it today. I have a Mac with 10.8.5. I am not using the starter solution. I am using the information transferred from Bento. It formed it's own table. You ask about a script and I have no idea what you are talking about. That's how new I am. I would love to have a calculation as that is what I need to do. I would like to be able to add up my sales from my sold field at the end of the year. Iw ould also like to add up my cost from that field also. Basic stuff for a not so basic program.
Hello Joseph Yetto
As stated above you need to post your answers to the questions on this post on your original post, this post is for information purposes only.