AnsweredAssumed Answered

Please help with script to email a copy of the file with 1 single record

Question asked by AaronSmith on Apr 17, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2011 by AaronSmith

Title

Please help with script to email a copy of the file with 1 single record

I have been working with filemaker for several years, but just now starting to tinker with editing my company database.  I have no training.  I have several outside companies that sell our product for us.  I do not want to give them access to our server.  Currently they e-mail us a "sales order" printed from filemaker into a PDF file.  We then print review and manually type that same order into our filemaker sales order file.  I have been trying to create a button that will email the record they create in the sales order file.  Then in theory we could receive the email, open it, review it, and then click another button to load the order into our sales order file.  Both our sales order file, and their sales order file are exactly the same. Their file only contains the records they send us.  Every time I attempt this I run into a problem.  Can someone tell me how to build both scripts?  One to send the record, and one to load it into our file after review?  We just upgraded to filemaker 11, and all of the offices will be getting Filemaker 11 once these issues are solved.  Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Aaron 

Outcomes