0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2011 3:05 PM by carolynhaywood

PLEASE HELP!  I am really stuck on portals, conditional values lists and relationships.

carolynhaywood

Title

PLEASE HELP!  I am really stuck on portals, conditional values lists and relationships.

I have 6 job categories tables, each related to a table called Job information.  Each one is named "category"selected and is related to job information by jobid  = job id and "category"id selected = jobid

I have 3 related tables for each category.  code Section 2"category" selected, code Section 3 "category"selected and code Section Type 'category' selected.  

code Section 2"category" selected = section = code Section 3 "category"selected

code Section "category" selected  = type = code Section Type 'category' selected

The original tables are each related to job information by sectionid = sectionidselected.

I have 6 sets of value lists (code, description, section, type) for each job category.  In each one, type is all values, section is related by records starting from type, and code and description are related by records starting from section.  Each list has a unique name: code 'category' and uses the appropriate related tables.

Layout Jobs (job information) has 6 tabs - one for each category.

Each job category has two tabs; 1 has a portal with records from  'category table' and 2 has a portal with records from 'category table selected'

Tab 2 needs to show the records from the codes tables; type, section, code, and description.

I used fields from 'category' selected; type, section, code, and desription.

Each field is assigned its appropriate value list.

I expected to see a drop down menu from each field as defined by the value list, but all I get is the first field - type.  The others all say 'NO VALUES DEFINED'.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I have tried all kind of ways to manipulate these relationships but I can't find something that works.

I originally had the code tables direlected related to the job category selected table (with no code tables realted to job information) but it wouldn't work unless I allowed the creation of new records for the related table.  I also used fields directly from the code tables. I worked but unfortunately it autopopulated all the records.

How can I get the conditional information from my tables to show up on my category selected portals without adding new records to my code tables?

What am I doing wrong?

I have been working on this for 3 all-day days.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.  ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED.

Thanks,

Carolyn Haywood