1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2012 8:04 AM by philmodjunk

Please help! How do I Install Filemaker 11 already on desktop to laptop also!

redmantab

Title

Please help! How do I Install Filemaker 11 already on desktop to laptop also!

I have had Filemaker pro 11 on my PC desktop for 8 months or so.  

I just bought a ultrabook and would like to install filemaker 11 on it.  I have read that my license is allowed for a laptop also.  Where do I download it?  I downloaded Filemaker originally in digital format from the website and the old email with the link does not have any download link and says "expired" in some areas.

If I go to the filemaker site it has either "buy" or "try".  

I already bought it.  Where do I download filemaker pro 11 and then put my product key in (which I have) so that I can use it on my laptop also?

Thanks so mucha nd please be thorough and descriptive with any answers.  Isn't there some way I can just download the file, input my produce key, and use it on my laptop also?!??!

HELP !! 

• 1. Re: Please help! How do I Install Filemaker 11 already on desktop to laptop also!
          philmodjunk

If you had a time machine, you would go back to the time you originally installed the software and would save the downloaded installer. You would then make copies of this installer to keep in more than one location like all essential back up files should be kept. Then you would run the saved installer on your newly acquired lap top.

If you cannot find the downloaded installer, you will need to call customer service, provide proof of purchase and get a new download link. THIS TIME, save the installer in case you need to re-install in the future.

Note, While the license permits two installs, you cannot use both computers to access the same hosted database file at the same time.