3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 12:22 PM by philmodjunk

Plotting both sub-summary and grand total summary data in one or more charts

wdockery

Title

Plotting both sub-summary and grand total summary data in one or more charts

Hello, I am building a type of "audience response" Filemaker chart that collects individuals' answers to multiple choice questions (a, b, c, d, e) during a question/answer lecture (maximum number of participants <50) and then displays the choices anonymously in a Filemaker bar chart.  By using the individual multiple choice answers as a sub-summary, I can count the number of specific responses and display that in the chart:  five columns (for answers "a" through "e"), height of column is the count for a particular answer; height of all columns taken together would be 50.  The crowd likes this; it shows them how they answered compared to their peers; keeps them interested in my lecture. That works fine.

But before showing the sub-summary, I would like to show a single vertical bar of the number of responses that I have collected (maximum is usually 50, depends on the attendance at the lecture).  I can't figure out how to use my raw data to create a single bar that is the grand total count of responses.  I keep getting five bars, each one registering 50 counts.  I want one bar registering 50 counts.

Any ideas?  Thanks.