4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 11:06 AM by RonHockman

Pop Up  Find

RonHockman

Title

Pop Up  Find

I am attempting to use a pop up list of students my database to jump to a new student based on the name chosen from the pop up menu.  The script trigger is onobjectmodify and the script is

enter find mode[]

set field(student name; drop down list field)

perform find[]

This works but leaves the name of the student in the drop down choice field.  I want it to say students after the script.  I have tried to set field to "students" after the find but I get a find error.  Any ideas or support is much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Pop Up  Find
          philmodjunk

I have tried to set field to "students" after the find but I get a find error.

That really doesn't make sense if you do this after the find. Sounds like you tried to change the field before performing the find.

enter find mode[]

set field(student name; drop down list field)

perform find[]

set Field [YourTable::Drop down list field ; "Students" ]

should work and should not produce any errors. (Presumably, your drop down list field has global storage as otherwise, your script won't work.

• 2. Re: Pop Up  Find
            SimonSherwood_1

Just a thought, the object is being modified by the set set field to "students" so there for performs the find again as it is set to perform script on object modify.  Why not make a button to perform the script placed next to the drop down list.

Simon.

• 3. Re: Pop Up  Find
              philmodjunk

Set field will not trip the script trigger. One of the Insert script steps that could be used for this, however, would trip the trigger....

• 4. Re: Pop Up  Find
                RonHockman

Thanks PhilModJunk.  I swear I tried that set field on the last step but I believe I used insert text and it wanted to find again.