4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2009 6:02 AM by soundtrackit

Pop-up box with multiple fields

soundtrackit

Title

Pop-up box with multiple fields

In my layout, which defaults to list view, I have a few fields.

I want to have a button in the body of the layout (so it repeats in list view) that opens a box (pop-up style) that includes more fields from the current record... like a going to another (mini) layout without closing the current one.

Is this possible? 

Thanks!

Filemaker Pro 9v3 

• 1. Re: Pop-up box with multiple fields
          raybaudi

Hi soundtrack it

my idea isn't exactly what you are after but, if you need to show more fields in List view, you can think about positioning a TAB control of two tabs, no formatting, no fill, no borders, no visible TABs ( no width and font size = 1 and one space for the label of the first tab and two spaces for the label of the second tab ).

Before making all those NO, give the name ( by the object info )  1 to the first tab and name 0 to the second tab.

Than create a button with this step:

Go to Object [ Object name: Let( $name = not $name ; $name ) ]

Now you have to dimensioning the width of the Tab control so that it goes from left to right of the screen and has only the height necessary to contain a set of orizzontal fields.

Put a set of fields into the first tab and another set into the second tab.

On the right and outside of the tab put the button.

Now, if you click once the button, you see every time a different set of fields.

• 2. Re: Pop-up box with multiple fields
            soundtrackit

No, that's not what I am looking for. I don't want to replace what's already there. I Want a box that overlays the current layout to pop-up (like a mini layout).

Can this be done?? 

• 3. Re: Pop-up box with multiple fields
              raybaudi

> I don't want to replace what's already there.

What is already there isn't replaced, it is only removed from the view ( but with another click they are back ).

BTW: you can open a new window that shows another layout with all your field or even do a GTRR ( go to related record ). This is easy and nice to see on a Mac, but not very good on a pc.

• 4. Re: Pop-up box with multiple fields
                soundtrackit
                   We are using this layout with IWP and I want a pop-up in order to prevent the page from "reloading". A new window would be great... but the "New Window" command does not open a new browser window.