5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2013 2:07 PM by scoonz

Pop-up menu arrow missing

scoonz

Title

Pop-up menu arrow missing

Prior to today all pop-up menus I created had an arrow on the right hand side of the field. I realise when using drop-down menus you can check the box in the inspector and users will be able to see the arrow. 

I have added a picture to demonstrate trying to add another pop-up menu above the one with the arrow.

Am I missing something?

Screen_shot_2013-07-18_at_18.54.29.png

• 1. Re: Pop-up menu arrow missing
          philmodjunk

Am I correct that this is a drop down list and not a pop up menu? Check what settings have been specified on the appearance tab. Have borders been enabled for this field?

• 2. Re: Pop-up menu arrow missing
            scoonz

Hi!

Both of the fields were set to pop-up menus _fkCleintID I created last week and Job title yesterday. It's odd it now comes up with like a reflection indicating it's not a standard edit field instead of the arrow as before. I never understood why the arrow for my pop-up menus never right justified. 

I have attached a screen shot of the settings just in case I've made a stuid newbie mistake!

Thanks for your help.

Zab

• 3. Re: Pop-up menu arrow missing
              scoonz

Ah I changed the Line setting to solid from Drop Shadow but made no difference.

• 4. Re: Pop-up menu arrow missing
                philmodjunk

Did you at any time remove all styles from this field object? Or copy it from a classic themed layout? Since you don't get an arrow when you create a pop up menu on a classic themed layout, I suspect that the arrow is provided via formatting info from the selected theme. Thus, haven't tried this to see, removing all formats might also remove the arrow.

If this might be the case, you can use the field tool to add a new field object for this field to your layout and specify the desired value list and pop up menu formats to get the desired arrow. If that works, delete the original.

• 5. Re: Pop-up menu arrow missing
                  scoonz

Hi Phil,

Appolgies for not commenting. I was ill, but thanks for you response. All is working bar a few other points with I'll ask the forum.

Thanks

Zab