2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 4:45 PM by Sorbsbuster

Pop-up note

WarnerBros

Title

Pop-up note

Hi,

I am new to filemaker pro and I am creating a database to be used by multiple first time users. I am setting up reports regarding audit information. My manager asked me to add a note (similar to one you would add in excel) to all of the report columns. So, ideally I would like to add a note to each column title that would pop up in browser mode when the cursor is put on that title. How do I do that?

Let me know if that was confusing. I appreciate any help.

-Sam

• 1. Re: Pop-up note
          philmodjunk

Take a look at tool tips. With tool tips, you can pop up a short text message whenever you hover the mouse over an object on the layout for which you have set up a tool tip. To create one, enter layout mode, select the layout option and then use the Appearance tab to set up the tool tip. The tool tip can use a calculation to include text from fields of the current record as a way to "customize" the tool tip message.

• 2. Re: Pop-up note
            Sorbsbuster

What you are describing is like a 'tooltip'.  In layout mode click on the field and in the Inspector Palette, Appearance Tab, you can specify a tooltip (even by calculation).