6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 10:54 AM by philmodjunk

Pop-up vs Drop-down Behavior (help me, plz!)

BrunoGarcia

Title

Pop-up vs Drop-down Behavior (help me, plz!)

Hello there!

Short Version: Is there a way to make a Drop-down list behave as a Pop-up menu?

(as in the following excerpt from FMP help)

Only the value from the second field is displayed. When you make your selection, the corresponding value from the first field is stored in the database.

The field displays the value from the first field. When you click in the field, the drop-down list displays values from the second field. After a selection, the list again displays the value from the first field when the field is exited.

Long Version:

Pop-up menus can be awkward if you have too many values to choose from. Drop-down lists allow users to find values faster by typing the beginning of the word. 

Also I can't find a way to conciliate using foreign keys and drop-down lists because users must always see values from the foreign table, there's no use for them to see the register id! (ps: using a lookup is not a choice)

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance!