AnsweredAssumed Answered

Populating one data base with a selected record from another (seperate) data base

Question asked by StevenBoker_1 on Jul 7, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Populating one data base with a selected record from another (seperate) data base

Hello: 

I am developing an Inventory Data Base. 

My plan is to have a “Master List” of all possible inventory items set up in one Data Base. 

I then want to populate my “Inventory List” (IMPORTANT to note, the “Inventory List” is a separate Data Base), with line items using an alphabetic search parameters in the “Master List”. It has many area and location, a portal is not an option for reporting puroses. 

The two Data Bases (Inventory & Master List), alphabetic search parameters are in place.  Also, I have in place and External Data Source relationship connecting the two data bases.

Problem: 

How do I populate my “Inventory List” with field data from my “Master List”? 

I do not want to simply write a script which will cut, copy and paste.  I understand there are issues doing that, I want to perform this action (populating my “Inventory List” from the “Master List” with a button and set field script, or by other means… I am at an impasse. 

What say you?

Outcomes