6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2011 11:20 AM by sly_1

POPUP Reminder

sly_1

Title

POPUP Reminder

Once again im stumped, so here is what im trying to do.

I have a date feild with a calendar drop down.

what i would like it to do is the following.

date = today

now every 3 days from today i would like a popup to apear saying reminder please follow up.

how would i go about doing this

thanks

Sly

• 1. Re: POPUP Reminder
          philmodjunk

In File Options, you can designate a script to be performed every time you open the file.

This script can perform a find for the records that are 3 days or more older than today. If any are found, it can display a message in a custom dialog and also present you with a list of the records found.

You'll likely want to add another field where you can check off the records where you've followed up so that you can include this field in your find. That way, you won't keep getting the same record popping up after you've finished the follow up task.

• 2. Re: POPUP Reminder
            sly_1

How would i do this. im really clueless with dates and all that stuff

• 3. Re: POPUP Reminder
              philmodjunk

I'm assuming you know how to use File Options to perform this script.

Your script might look like this:

Go To Layout [select a layout based on the table where you have this date field defined]
              Enter Find Mode [] // clear the pause check box
              Set Field [YourTable::YourDateField ; "≤ " & Get ( CurrentDate ) - 3 ]
              Set Field [YourTable::DoneStatus ; "="] // a lone "=" like this specifies records where this field is empty
              Set Error capture [on] //keeps "no records found" dialog from interrupting script if no records are found
              Perform Find [] // do not specify criteria in this step.
              If [Get ( FoundCount ) ]
                 Show Custom Dialog ["These records still have not been followed up."]
              Else
                 Go To Layout [select the layout you want users to see if there are no follow up records to deal with]
              End If

• 4. Re: POPUP Reminder
                sly_1

following your script to a T and it says im missing an operator get current date

• 5. Re: POPUP Reminder
                  philmodjunk

Do you see an extra set of [] not shown in my script example?

If so....

When Setting up Set Field, there are two Specify buttons that must be clicked. To get Set Field [Table::Field ; Expression], add set field to your script and click the first button (specify target field). Select Table::Field from the list of fields. Click OK. Now click the lower specify button (calculated result) and create the expression to the right of the semicolon (;). Do not try to type in the semicolon.

If not, please post exactly what you have and I'll take a closer look at it.

• 6. Re: POPUP Reminder
                    sly_1

Thanks alot phil once again greatly appreciated.