3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2011 5:17 AM by LaRetta_1

Portal

markskm

Title

Portal

Can I change data in a portal field that will change the data in the original field and visa versa?

• 1. Re: Portal
          philmodjunk

The portal field is the original field.

• 2. Re: Portal
            markskm

Hi,

Okay, maybe I'm not making myself clear.

I've downloaded Invoices from Starter Solutions and modified the layout/fields to suit our business.

I've created a Status field within the Products layout that's a drop down list with pre-determined values 'Open' 'Closed' 'Billed' 'Paid'. This field is included in the portal within Invoices. The default Status in Products is Open.

When jobs are ready to invoice I create a new record in Invoices and then select the product(s) within the portal I wish to bill. All the relevant information is pulled in from Products - including the field Status which is 'Open'. At this stage I would like to change the Status from the drop down field from 'Open' to either 'Closed' or 'Billed'. This I can do but when I go back to the job within Products the Status is still Open.

Is there a way that the information within Status updates between the Products and Invoices layout.

• 3. Re: Portal
              LaRetta_1

What is Billed?  It isn't Products is it? 

"I've created a Status field within the Products layout that's a drop down list with pre-determined values 'Open' 'Closed' 'Billed' 'Paid'."

I would think that the Invoice should contain the field Status and once an invoice is paid, change it to Paid. 

"Is there a way that the information within Status updates between the Products and Invoices layout."

I don't see the connection.  Products should simply hold your list of available products and they shouldn't be Open, Closed, Billed or Paid.  Even if you are actually talking about the LineItems table connected to Invoices, LineItems (which lists the products being sold on a particular invoice) you wouldn't list the LineItem itself as being paid, but rather you would flag the invoice as billed or paid.

Can you explain a bit more so I can help you through this?  :^)