4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 4:08 PM by EdgarGarcia

Portal

EdgarGarcia

Title

Portal

hello friends.

I want to know how i can do to a portal let me look all records and also look trought a field sort records.

• 1. Re: Portal
          philmodjunk

A portal can be set up with the cartesian join operator (x) instead of the default = in order to list all records in the portal's table.

Not sure what you are asking here:

...let me look all records and also look trought a field sort records

Portals cannot be dynamically sorted. There are at least two work arounds, both with significant drawbacks if that's what you want to do...

• 2. Re: Portal
            EdgarGarcia

thanks but i want to do is that when I change a menu to "all records" appear all the records and when I switch to "fruits and vegetables" appear me only records of that department and also in all this events ignore a departament in this case "Packets"

• 3. Re: Portal
              philmodjunk

If you have FileMaker 11, you can use portal filtering for this.

Add a field with global storage, we'll call it Globals::gFilterOption, to your layout. Format it with a value list of filtering options.

Give your portal a filter expression such as:

( Globals::gFilterOption = "All Records" or
              Globals::gFilterOption = PortalTable::department ) AND
              PortalTable::Department ≠ "Packets"

Use the OnObjectModify (popup menus or radio buttons) or OnObjectExit (Textbox or drop down list) script trigger on this field to perform this script:

Commit Record
              Refresh Window [Flush cached join results]

• 4. Re: Portal
                EdgarGarcia

Thanks Friend.