1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 11:51 AM by philmodjunk

Portal

Kirk_1

Title

Portal

I have a protal in a layout. It may have from one to 5 or 6 rows.

Right now it will only print the number of row i have selected as the number of rows when i set up the portal... (3)

Ive selected the slide and visibility button in the inspector. Ive selected

Slide up based on all objects above

Also resize enclosing part

In the record im trying to print, it has 4 protal rows.

How do i get it to print how ever many there are?

• 1. Re: Portal
          philmodjunk

Best way to print the contents of a portal is not to use a layout with a portal.

I'd check that extra portal row carefull. Perhaps you have a related record in the portal but that the fields shown in the portal are all empty or only ocntain characters, such as spaces and returns that don't print.

To print the contents of a portal without using the layout with the portal, set up a layout based on the portal's table and include fields as needed from parent record in the header, footer or a grand summary layout part. The resulting list view layout can much more flexibly print the contents of your portal when using a layout set up in that fashion. You'd use Go TO Related Records or a scripted find to pull up your portal records on such a "print" layout.

The invoices starter solution prints an invoice in that fashion.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1.           It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          3.           Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
          5.           All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          7.           Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          9.           Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          11.           Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
          13.           Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.