1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 12:13 PM by philmodjunk

Portal

rdss

Title

Portal

Hi Friends,

Is there any way that we can attach a variable with the portal rows?

Here is my problem in detail:

I am working on the device testing software. Depending on the feature, its test cases will be fetched. Now one by one user will have to execute and mention its result (selection will be made using dropdown containing pass, fail or NA)

Tables: TestCase (ID, name, passfailCriteria)

Final_Results (ID, testcaseID, ProductID, FeatureID, result)

I want to display the related testcases in a portal along with a dropdown filed for the results(Which is not the part of the testcase table). There will be 'execute' button which will fetch testcaseid and result information of the current row and store it in the database table(Final_Results) How can I associate dropdown field/variable with the portal? if there are 10 testcases, there will be 10 portal rows and each row will have its own dropdown field/variable.

Thanks in Advance,

McGill

• 1. Re: Portal
          philmodjunk

You appear to have this relationship:

TestCase>----Final_Results

FInal_Results::ID = TestCase::ID

Which is a one to many relationship from Final_Results to testCase. (for every record in Final_Results, there could be many related records in TestCase.)

I want to display the related testcases in a portal

And this portal will be placed on a layout based on what table? Final_Results?

along with a dropdown filed for the results(Which is not the part of the testcase table)

Presumably that dropdown field is the results field you list in Test_Results. But then why would this drop down field be defined in Test_Results, but placed in a portal to TestCases? If I have the relationships and layout design correct, that field would show the same value in every row of your portal, you could not record a different value for each related testcase record.

Note: I also tried analyzing this from the idea that you have one TestCase record related to many Test_Results record and that has even more problems than what I have pointed out here for the opposite type of relationship.