1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2013 10:55 AM by MelJackson

Portal (Self Join) Showing Duplicate Records

MelJackson

Title

Portal (Self Join) Showing Duplicate Records

FMP12 Adv...

I remember running into this problem a few years back but for the life of me I can't remember the solution.  I do recall that it was simple but I've had many gray cells retire on me since then :)

I've got a self join.  The key field is 'Job_Id'.  There are 3 records in the table with the same Job Id.  The portal show's correctly that there are 3 records but all of the portal rows show the same info. (the info contained in the first record used for the join).  I can scroll through the other two records and the info in the portal changes to match the particular record but still the same data show's up in all 3 rows.  I thought it may help if I put the join data in a global field but it was no help. 

• 1. Re: Portal (Self Join) Showing Duplicate Records
          MelJackson

OK........   So I'm an IDIOT!!  After posting the problem it came to me.

The portal fields were coming from the table occurence with the primary key. (The table occurence on the left hand side of the relationship)

I switched them to Installed_By 3 and everything is Kool now.  I wish the all the hair I pulled out could be put back but Oh Well :)