AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal - Flickering / Flashing

Question asked by Jagman on Sep 15, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 by Jagman

Title

Portal - Flickering / Flashing

I am both a newbie to the Mac and Filemaker communities, having been a Windows user for many years, working primarily with PC databases

This year I have purchased an iMac 24" and a MacBook 13", and wished I'd gotten into Apple a long time ago

Mac database wise, I started off with Bento 2, which is great but fairly limiting and I'm now starting to get to grips with Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced

Graphically, Bento produces some beautiful layouts, whilst it seems to take some enormous effort to create something similar with Filemaker

The gripe I have at the moment is the flickering/flashing when using Portals.  If the portal is transparent I get a white flash when moving from record to record, if I use vertical lines to separate fields in the portal they flicker when moving from record to record

Having looked through forums it seems that this problem is a common thread for Windows users, Macs they say, run without such issues

What am I doing wrong?  It took me ages to work out how to turn off the horrible dotted lines around fields (disable Show field frames when record is active under Layout/Setup).  Is there some similar option I need to look for?

I've only been playing around with the portals after installing Snow Leopard so I can't say whether the issue happened before

Outcomes