1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 7:57 AM by philmodjunk

Portal - New row creates new containers?

RobRhodes

Title

Portal - New row creates new containers?

Hi all,

I have a database that I use in filemaker 12 in conjunction with Filemaker Go. I have a few containers that I use to take and store photos in Filemaker Go with my ipod.

Each photo should be labeled A, B, C...etc. with an overlay of the letter in the top corner.

It occurs to me that it might be better suited to be put inside of a portal. Mainly because each individual record will have a different number of containers/photos.

My question: is it possible to have each new row created in the portal be automatically filled with a new container, and then increase the letter by one?

• 1. Re: Portal - New row creates new containers?
          philmodjunk

Each row is a record in the portal's table--a table related to your layout's table. Each time you create a new record via the portal, you'll see a new record with a new container field if you design your layout and underlying relationship to enable that action.

Since you want a field to get the next letter in the alphabet with each new record, you may want to have a button to tap to add the new portal record and enter the value of the next letter of the alphabet into it.