AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal - Relationship Issue...

Question asked by bdexter75 on May 21, 2014
Latest reply on May 21, 2014 by bdexter75

Title

Portal - Relationship Issue...

Hi All,

One of the DB's I've been working on for a while is finally ready to come online.  However, I've just discovered I have a portal/relationship issue I don't understand.  When I try to add new records to one table it creates unrelated records in another table.  Since the data is sensitive I've created a simplified version of the problem area. The link is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt3x5zkg4ggo0np/Salesman%20to%20Customers.fmp12

The problem occurs when I update the Customer Profile with a Sales Staff Name and their Specialty.  Instead of just associating it with the information that's already there, it creates a new record on the SalesStaff table.  Too, the portal on the layout is supposed to show all the customers that each sales person has in the portal, not create a new record and also show multiple data per for each sales person. Clearly, there is something I'm not grasping, because no matter what I do, it just won't work.

If I could just see this simple portal working like I want it to, from all sides, I think the light might go on and I'd truly understand the whole portal concept.

Any help would be appreciated, even a link to another working example. Thanks.

Outcomes