1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 8:55 AM by philmodjunk

Portal and found set

Musashi

Title

Portal and found set

I have a table that shows staff, salaries, commissions, sales volume, etc. Each month we set a leading SKU that the staff need to concentrate thier sales on.

I can perform a search that will find the staff, salary period, city, total sales volume for the leading SKU, other SKU that the staff sold during this period, and the commission. I made a report for this sorted by city with the sub-total for each city.

I want to produce a Summary that just lists the total totals for each city based on the leading SKU:

City   Salary Period   staff no   SKU              Volume   Commission

Other SKU1

Other SKU2

I set up a portal and I can get the totals for each City, but not based on the leading SKU.

Is it possible for a portal to show the found set when the Salary table has a find performed on it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Portal and found set
          philmodjunk

"Is it possible for a portal to show the found set when the Salary table has a find performed on it?"

No, but it is possible to set up a relation ship that "filters" the portal to produce the same effect.

On the other hand, a summary report based on the same table as your portal is likely to be more flexible and you can perform a find on it to restrict data to a specific group of records.

Here's a link to a simple tutorial on setting up summary reports that you may find useful:

Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial