5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2014 12:35 PM by lijnbach

Portal based on same table

lijnbach

Title

Portal based on same table

Hello everybody,

I have a lay out with detailled information. At  the left Side I created a portal based on a table occurence of the same table. I used the x operator to get a complete list.

Is there a way to click on a record in the list, and get. the detailled information in the lay out. Or do I have to wright a script to get this working?

Thanks in advance,

Hans Lijnbach

• 1. Re: Portal based on same table
          HugoLidia

We have exactly the same layout as you want for our Insurance Claims - List of claims, derived from a second instance of the original table.  When we click on the claim number (script on OnObjectEnter " the left hand portal, based on the original table, displays the details of the claim.

Adapt this for your requirements/tables.

• 2. Re: Portal based on same table
            RickWhitelaw

"based on the original table" is the  phrase to which a person should pay attention.

• 3. Re: Portal based on same table
              lijnbach

Thanks for your reaction,

Of course the list is based on a different occurrence of the original table. (And it works fine). Because I sometimes have problems with the translation (Dutch) I can' t always find the appropriate functions. I was looking for an expression or function to go directly to the details. (Like GTRR).

But I understand I have to wright a script to get this working and there is no function to go directly to the details record.

Thanks for your effort and time.

Hans Lijnbach.

• 4. Re: Portal based on same table
                HugoLidia

IN the DB design I have Claims and ClaimsTO related via the "ClaimsNo" field.

Script on OnEnterObject is simply :

Go to Related Record [Show only related records; From Table "ClaimsTo"; Using lauout:"Claims"(claims)]

if [Get(LastError) = 101*

Show Custom Dialog ["Claim number not found in table..."]

Else

Beep

Beep

End If

• 5. Re: Portal based on same table
                  lijnbach

Thanks for your reaction,

I tried it and it works, just use the FTRR in a script,

Thanks for your effort and time.

Hans Lijnbach