2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 9:05 AM by LWayne_1

Portal does not Display in Browse mode

LWayne_1

Title

Portal does not Display in Browse mode

Hi -

Can anyone tell me what settings I have to change to get it to display in Browse mode.  It shows in Layout mode.  I tested the relationship on on the same layout and it is okay.

Thanks,

LWayne

• 1. Re: Portal does not Display in Browse mode
          philmodjunk

Do you see any part of the portal when in browse mode?

If you do not see the portal boundaries, return to layout mode, select the portal and check the line width and pattern (one pattern is transparent) settings for the borders.

If you do not see field borders, these have the same settings plus an additional setting that controls whether or not borders are visible, see the appearance tab in the inspector for all three settings: (line width, line pattern, field boundaries).

If you do not see any data in the portal, first make a check in browse mode by clicking and dragging in the top row of the portal. If you can select text, it should be visible when highlighted in the selection. In that case, return to layout mode, select the field and change the text color to a different color to make it visible.

If you cannot select text in the portal, you do not have any related records in the portal. You'll need to review what relationship defines the portal, any filter expression you may have set up and what data is in the fields of the portal's table that are part of either the relationship or a filter expression to discover why they are not shown.

• 2. Re: Portal does not Display in Browse mode
            LWayne_1

Phil -

It worked great!

Thanks for your help and fast service!